January Open Day
An open day is being held at The Corby Cube on Thursday 12th January so students can see plans for the new-look of the £9.5 Million Corby Sixth Form Queens Square, Corby which will be open for the autumn term of 2023.
- The open day will be an excellent way to get to speak to staff and learn more about the curriculum.
- The Student Services team will be on hand to answer questions about everything from support and finance, through to welfare and transport.
- Imagery of the new brand facilities will be on show.
- Headteacher Helen Smith will be giving talks between 5.00pm and 7.30pm
- Apply on the day: Students can apply for more than one sixth form and then make a choice nearer the time. Make sure you have more than one option open.
- Book your slot for the open day here
The 4,000 sq ft Sixth Form will comprise an impressive new entrance extension, more than 25 classrooms, state of the art science labs, resource centres and performance areas. The students will be able to enjoy an external roof terrace, and a modern café and common room areas.
The existing architectural design will embrace the current style of the building and is being designed to run as carbon neutral to the environment.
The money has come from the Corby Town Fund of £19.9 Million and the Sixth Form, which will bring 100s of students and staff into the town centre, was part of the original bid to central government.
The Bedford College Group has already helped footfall to the Corby town centre with its spacious Learning Centre in nearby George Street where adults can gain or brush up their essential digital skills, achieve English and maths qualifications or take part in pre-employment training, all for free. Almost 1,000 Corby residents have already taken advantage of this facility.
Ian Pryce long-serving CEO of The Bedford College Group said:
“Investment, with the backing of supportive partners has proven in Bedford, Kettering and Wellingborough how valuable having an educational outlet is for town centres. Our colleges, sixth forms and Learning Centres encourage footfall and custom and inject life into town centres.”
The Corby Sixth Form will enrich the educational choices of the area, which currently includes Tresham College Corby Campus, part of The Bedford College Group.